Since starting Stretch Their Legs in 2018 I’ve had two guiding principles:
- Giving you peace of mind
- Give your dog a fun, relaxed time
Peace of mind
I know that entrusting someone with the care of your furry friends can be daunting, so as well as being fully insured, I’m DBS checked, maintain level 2 canine first aid training and always carry a canine first aid kit.
My first visit will be to your house to get to know you and your dog. At this point I will take notes of any behaviour or health issues and take your vet details and a release form so I can get your dog help in case something should happen.
My vehicle is fully air conditioned and has been customised to transport multiple dogs with professionally built and fitted custom cages. These include individually lockable doors at the back and escape hatches at the front allowing access in case the rear of the vehicle is inaccessible.
I recognise that every dog has its own personality and should be treated as such. To make the walk or visit as happy, fun and relaxed as possible, I’m constantly improving my knowledge and understanding of all things dogs. I am a member of the Canine Principles Skills Hub which is a fantastic resource for owners and professionals alike.
Below is a list of the diplomas and certificates I’ve attained and seminars I’ve attended:
- Level 2 Canine First Aid Trained
- Canine Communication Accredited Diploma
- Canine Anxiety Accredited Certificate
- Doglaw: What Every Owner Needs to Know
- Body Language & Play Behaviour Seminar
These are a selection of webinars I have completed to keep my knowledge up to date and as part of my CPD:
- Canine Fear
- The Dog Rescuers Guide
- Positive Dog Training for Ethical Owners
- Easy Walks with your Reactive Walks
- Senior Dog Care
- Children and Dogs
- Interactive Play Guide by Craig Ogilvie
- Canine Bonding & Play
- Predation Substitute Training
- Canine Functional Characters
- Canine Communication - The Language of a Species
- Understanding Animal Cruelty
- Tellington TTouch for Calming